Madrid Pivot Hinges are a great solution if you have a used piece of tempered glass, or a new piece without any holed drilled or notches cut. The hinges can support doors up to 36 inches wide and 120 pounds.
There are three mounting options you can choose from: in a Header, a Wall Block attached to a vertical wall, or in a Soffit Sleeve attached to the ceiling.
This kit includes 2 Hinges constructed of Solid Brass, 2 Tapered Glass Wedges and 2 Setting Blocks for tightening the Hinge against the glass, a Nylon Bushing for the top pivot and a Base Plate for the bottom, as well as Gaskets and Mounting Hardware, including an Allen Wrench.
Installation instructions vary depending on the mounting option, but the bottom hinge requires three vertical holes to be drilled into the curb for all mounting options.
See the Specs
- For Soffit Sleeve Mount Installation
- the glass' height needs to be 15/16 inch less than the overall height of the opening, and the width must be 3/8 inch less than the width of the opening.
- For Wall Mount Installation
- the glass' height needs to be 7/8 inch less than the overall height of the opening from the curb to the bottom of the Wall Block, and the width must be 3/8 inch less than the width of the opening.
- For Header Mount Installation
- the glass' height need to be 2-1/8 inches less than the overall height of
the opening from the curb to the top of the Header, and the glass width must
be 3/8 inch less than the width of the opening.
CHECK STOCK with the following links:
Rubbed Bronze - MA010RB
Brass - MA01ABR
Nickel - MA01BN
Brass - MA01BR
Plated - MA01GP
Nickel - MA01PN
Chrome - MA01SC
Other search numbers: MA01ORB, MA01, MAO1